Healthy Eating Basics

Healthy eating means eating a variety of foods that give you the nutrients you need. These nutrients viele gabeln mit gesunden lebensmittelninclude protein, carbohydrates, fat, water, vitamins, and minerals. Combined these nutrients will help you maintain your health, feel good, and have plenty of energy throughout your day.

For weight loss and maintenance it’s quite simple, eat fewer calories than you expend and you will have a reduction in weight loss. There are a lot of “diets” out there. I prefer the term healthy lifestyle. The key to lasting weight loss is healthy eating combined with the right amount of physical activity.

The 80/20 rule. This is what I live by. For 80 percent of my week I eat a variety of healthy foods and follow the basics listed below. The other 20 percent I eat what I want. Just don’t over indulge, always maintain healthy portions, everything in moderation.

  • Eat foods with plenty of fiber
  • Eat whole, real, fresh, organic, unprocessed foods
  • Eat healthy fats, good carbs, and lean protein
  • Eat lots of fruits and vegetables
  • Don’t drink your calories
  • Drink plenty of water
  • Enjoy your food and take time for it